About This School
SEK Catalunya International School seeks an Early Years Teacher for the school year 2019-2020. Candidates must have experience and training with the Primary Years Programme (PYP).
We seek an outstanding practitioner who loves working with young children. We value team players, who are willing to adapt, contribute and constantly develop professionally. SEK Catalunya is an IB and CIS accredited school in near Barcelona, with school transport provided from the city centre. We are both a boarding and day school catering from nursery school to pre-university studies. We are the only school in Catalonia to offer the International Baccalaureate in all stages.
We require a covering letter, up to date CV and details of two professional referees. One of these referees must be from your current or most recent place of work.
Please send your application to Sarah May, appointed Head of English at firstname.lastname@example.org and Marina Gherardi, Head of Primary English, at email@example.com
Qualifications & Experience
• Native-level English speaker
• PYP experience and training
• Competent Spanish speaker
• Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent to British QTS
• Willingness to participate in the wider or extra-curricular life of school
• Adaptable and culturally sensitive mentality
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
• EU/EEA citizen, unless already possessing a Spanish work permit
• Experience teaching EAL/ESL to young children
• Experience as a (homeroom) tutor, with pastoral responsibilities
• Evidence of recent professional development within the PYP
- Early Years English Teacher